Monday 9 January 2012

Putting You On Hold

Well, the book of the trip - tentatively called 'Bus Stop Britain' -is written, but unlike the bus journey on which the whole thing is based, its much too long. So, we are now into a period of re-writes and edits and I’m now intending - well, hoping anyway - to have the whole thing completed by the summer.

But that’s the easy bit. Actually getting it published is an altogether different proposition. Children’s author Terry Deary reckons that only 2% of all the manuscripts submitted to publishers ever see the light of day, so the chances of ‘Bus Stop Britain’ being accepted by a publisher seem no better than 50 to one.

However, I know from your comments that many of you are straining at the leash to read the story of my bus journey from Land’s End to John O’Groats, so I can only hope that I can happen upon a publisher who is equally keen to see it in print.

In the meantime, I’ve decided to update my blog with some of the many bus-related news stories that come my way. When I first decided to write my book, I began sourcing bus-related news stories from all around the world, with the result that my email inbox is now habitually full of them.

So I’m going to start picking out some of the more interesting ones, the odd ones and the downright bizarre and posting them to this blog. I hope you enjoy reading them.

Well, at least it will give you something else to read whilst I try to finish this darned book…!

1 comment:

  1. Iain

    Talk to A to B magazine and look at e-publishing and private publishing

    ReplyDelete